Thanks for getting tattooed at Black Gate Tattoo Studio! Now that your art is healing, you may have some questions about the process. We’ve complied some tips for caring for your new tattoo.
- Gently wash your tattoo with mild anti-bacterial soap and warm water.
- Pat dry and continue the same wash routine every hour until the new tattoo completes the plasma cycle (stops oozing). It normally takes anywhere from 4-24 hours for tattoos to finish the plasma cycle.
- Apply a small (pea size or smaller) amount of A&D Ointment or Aquaphor directly to the tattoo. Continue 3-5 times daily as needed. Healing time for a tattoo ranges from 7-20 days.
- Do not re-bandage your tattoo.
- Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo. Do not use a washcloth or anything abrasive.
- Do not pick or scratch your tattoo.
- Avoid hot tubs, public pools, and the ocean during the healing process.
- Do not over soak your tattoo with water while in the shower.
- Avoid direct sunlight or tanning beds for a few weeks. Definitely avoid tanning oils, lotions, and sand.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes which might irritate a new tattoo.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.